How do legacy 300mm+ lenses do on Nex system?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Louno
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: How do legacy 300mm+ lenses do on Nex system?
In reply to Mel Snyder, May 3, 2013

Personnally, I was just able to try my Vivitar 28-200mm f3.5-5.3 and I was very disappointed...
It's very hard ( for me ) to shoot in low light conditions because there is no image stabilization and the lens is huge and heavy and it's awkward to focus and hold the camera at the same time, i am using a nex-3n tho so I guess it would be somewhat easier with the bigger grips on the nex-5 - 6 - 7.
Also, this might be an issue with my specific lens only but It's supposed to be a macro lens but I need to focus from quite a distance. Also, it's way to easy to get flares in my shot I really have to think about where to position myself, and then there is still the issue of chromatic aberration and somewhat overall softness. This sort of defeats the purpose of this lens because the only way I could see it being useful is for shooting outdoor, since you need a lot of light to be able to shoot at a shutter speed that is fast enough to prevent blur ( unless you shoot on a tripod, in which case you need a very sturdy tripod because those lense are big and heavy, and you also need an adapter with a tripod mount because it's probably not a good idea to have the camera body support this whole lens by itself )

Louno's gear list:Louno's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow