Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,923Gear list
Like?
F60m Overheating simular to the Nikon sb900
May 3, 2013

Was on day event shoot the other day.  Under a tent with heavy sun backlight.  So, the F60M had to fight the sun.   Nice exposures (skin) imho.   Bit of a flash delay. (known issue)

What I noticed is  after a consecutive three(3) to four  Flash flash pops it Overheated and stopped.    Very similar to what the Nikon sb900 does.

BUT,  it recovered VERY quickly  (the sb900 has stopped at some very bad times and for what seemed like an eternity lol)   ...   I turned off the F60m flash and started it up again.  And just slowed my flash shooting down.

IS this something that is common with the F60M?    Have not been pushing this flash enough to really know.  and have not used it that often.

Nikon solved it (fully)  with the sb910.    All it's really doing is slowing down the Flash when it starts to get Hot.

What I am hoping for is,  for SONY to  Resolve with a FW update.    Sonys over heat issue does not seem to be as bad.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow