Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
crames
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Re: Camera-->sRGB versus Camera-->ProPhoto-->sRGB
In reply to Jack Hogan, May 3, 2013

Jack Hogan wrote:

gollywop wrote:

As to a choice between the bottom two, each has its value (but there is no question about which is the easier to produce).

Good show Gollywop. This is the link to your flower dng file and this is the accompanying text:

"This file is underexposed about 1EV according to RawDigger.  It was shot with UniWB (hence the greenish tint).  A WhiBal card shot in the same light indicates a WB (for ACR) of 4900/3, and that is what I used for the image as posted.  It is also clear that the image as posted was cropped."

I've been thinking about the wild guesstimates during conversion mentioned earlier, and I've found that they can be really apparent.  Here is an example: note the clipping in the right petal in ProPhoto-->PP-->sRGB compared to sRGB-->PP (I know that GIF's are not ideal, but they make animation simple - hope it works).  Here are the Original TIFFs which are much better for comparison: ProPhoto , sRGB .

Is there a TIFF that hasn't been converted to sRGB and is still in ProPhoto?

Cliff

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow