Zeiss Touit Lenses

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ljclark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,286Gear list
Like?
All Things Considered...
In reply to Al Valentino, May 3, 2013

...The pending availability of Zeiss lenses was one of the reasons I bought the X-Pro1 a couple weeks ago after holding out for a year.  The only lenses available locally were the 14mm and the 18-55.  Happy with the 14mm -- so far the zoom is OK...

I have Zeiss lenses in M-mount -- some going back to film RF days:  18mm f/4, 21mm f/2.8, and 25mm f/2.8.  All are very good, and the 25mm is dy-no-mite.

Zeiss 12mm:  Looking forward to it.  I use the Zeiss 18mm f/4 on my M9 and really like that FOV for travel interiors.

Zeiss 32mm:  Am likely to get that instead of the Fuji lens.  F/1.8 vs f/1.4 is not that big a deal if the quality is what I've come to expect from Zeiss.

I'm not thrilled with the gaps, though.  I would love a Zeiss or Fuji 16mm to fill in at the 24mm FOV spot (the Fuji 14mm would then end up on eBay)..  I wish there was a 23mm f/2 on the horizon -- I just don't need the bulk of an f/1.4 lens with 35mm FOV.  Who knows...Maybe the 10-24 will do the trick, if it is tack sharp wide open throughout the zoom range.

The other un-thrill is the size of the Zeiss and Fuji lenses.  No getting around it if you have fast AF lenses and the space needed to operate and communicate.  But M-mount primes by Voigtlander, Leica, and Zeiss tend to spoil you.

Oh well...We'll just have to wait and see.

ljclark's gear list:ljclark's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow