Could the OM-D be upgraded to focus peaking via firmware?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
RealPancho
Contributing MemberPosts: 985Gear list
Like?
Re: Could the OM-D be upgraded to focus peaking via firmware?
In reply to don_van_vliet, 11 months ago

don_van_vliet wrote:

Just revisiting this often wondered question. Apparently the new PEN has focus peaking, and uses the same processor, I think (Truepic VI), so presumably it wouldn't be a processing power issue. It would instead be an issue of effort/programming/marketing. Thoughts? It would be good if the OM-D was upgraded to use the smaller focus points of the current PENS too, but I suppose Oly don't want to remove all the reasons to upgrade your OM-D...

Whether it could, I certainly can't tell you, but I can all but guarantee you that it WILL NOT. When has Olympus ever offered a substantial upgrade via firmware? And this is a shame, because if the E-M5 had focus peaking, I think I would use it extensively. I hate focussing digital cameras. I miss my OM-1's micro prism, and I hate these stupid focus rings that go round and round endlessly. Wow, do I sound like an old curmudgeon. Sorry.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow