Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,525Gear list
Like?
More testing to do......
In reply to tedolf, May 2, 2013

We were talking about centre weighted vs matrix metering and legacy lenses and nothing to do with spot, but I will include spot in a more careful test.

Back on subject with Anders...

I was aiming at a dark brown tapestry on the wall that really occupied the centre weighted 60% of the frame with a low wattage stand lamp that was right up there in red blinky land up in the extreme right top corner. I definitely had variations with a native lens and no variations with a non-native lens when swapping between matrix and centre-weighted on the E-PL5.

Next try possibly tonight (10 hours away) I'll use different legacy and native lenses and a more careful setup with a brighter, smaller lamp further right up into the corner and try all of spot/matrix/centre weighted again. Plus of course I can try E-PL5, E-P3 and E-PL1 to see if any one of them behaves differently.

Regards.... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow