Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 23,994
More testing to do......

We were talking about centre weighted vs matrix metering and legacy lenses and nothing to do with spot, but I will include spot in a more careful test.

Back on subject with Anders...

I was aiming at a dark brown tapestry on the wall that really occupied the centre weighted 60% of the frame with a low wattage stand lamp that was right up there in red blinky land up in the extreme right top corner. I definitely had variations with a native lens and no variations with a non-native lens when swapping between matrix and centre-weighted on the E-PL5.

Next try possibly tonight (10 hours away) I'll use different legacy and native lenses and a more careful setup with a brighter, smaller lamp further right up into the corner and try all of spot/matrix/centre weighted again. Plus of course I can try E-PL5, E-P3 and E-PL1 to see if any one of them behaves differently.

Regards.... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow