CF/SD card write speeds and brands - questions

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Sony SD/CF card speeds & next Olympus DSLR
In reply to goblin, May 2, 2013

Hi Goblin,

Thanks for the reply. I saw your thread last night while doing a search for max CF card sizes in the E-330 (unlimited). One thing that's much worse than a card that is slow in burst firing rates is a card that's unreliable. Some of the shots we get only happen once, like my cougar encounter that I posted 2 weeks ago. Responses to your thread and Tim's reply in this thread said they had failures with Kingston and Transcend cards. Thanks But No Thanks!

The Sony cards are cheaper than the Lexar cards of similar speeds. For the same price I'd opt for the Lexar. They also have better, faster cards. Of course Sony invested in Olympus so maybe our next Olympus card slot will be designed for a Memory Stick Pro?

Thanks again. After much agonizing about the future needs in cards and write speeds I'm about to order a 2-pack of Lexar from B&H. And a USB 3.0 card reader.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow