Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
GMartin
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Re: sRGB vs. RGB
In reply to xpatUSA, May 2, 2013

xpatUSA wrote:

GMartin wrote:

Since digital ceme on the scene ive always used RGB for my color space when shooting.

But all websites and Facebook post their photos based on the sRGB color space. And I assume

that printing labs do also.

If I switch over to sRBG will my colors look better when I post on galleries and Facebook ? I see many images that just look amazing and wonder " How the hell did they get their colors to look like that ? "

I edit everything in PS, shoot largest JPEG and am not into the RAW capture. I know that many photogs swear by RAW but my question always was " well you shoot raw, you edit raw, then change to jpeg once your're done".........once you change your files to jpeg, don't you lose all the advantages of everything you just did.......capture raw, edit raw, final files jpeg.....i dont get it.......what am I missing ?

Ya know, hes absolutly rite. I use RGB all the time an it always works for me. Ive got 2 RGB's on my SD10 an they both work reel good. Editing raw is a good thing too because it changes the raw file to the way you want it not the camera. The best files are 16bit JPEGS i use them a lot. So stop ganging up on GM.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ted http://kronometric.org
SD9, SD10, EF-500, GH1.

Gee, you won't see any of the know it alls supporting this statement....just proves my point....thanks Ted.....:)

These forums are so full of people who have waaaaaay too much time on their hands.......go hug your kids.......

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow