Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Considering a "downgrade"
May 2, 2013

I have a GX1 that I typically carry on family outings rather than my larger GH3.  I like most things about it, but two things are leading me to consider a change.

1. I came away from a recent trip to Disney wishing that I'd brought a good P&S.  Dealing with lens changes was a hassle, GH3 was too large, GX1 was okay size - with certain lenses.  Having two small children had a lot to do with this "revelation"
  2. Video is as important to me as stills, and video is not a strong area for GX1.  I've been watching patiently for something comparably sized with upgraded video specs to compliment the GH3.  The GF6 looked interesting with the addition of manual video control, but the video specs look pretty limited.

I've been reading a bit about the LX7 and it seems to address both points to some extent.  I've almost convinced myself that the reduced sensor size is an okay compromise.  I've seen the prices dip below 300USD, and that would seem a good opportunity to sell GX1 and buy.

Just curious to get some thoughts from some of you who shoot LX7 along with m43.  Would you recommend this change?

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow