Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: E-P5 images leaked
In reply to Philly, May 2, 2013

Philly wrote:

pixelcollector wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

marike6 wrote:

The tilt LCD is nice, even though with the 4:3 format, composing on the LCD is not great because of the black bars.

The E-Px series don't have black bars they show you a FF 4:3 picture. It's the E-Plx which have a smaller display and show the bars.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

i read somewhere that the e-p5 LCD will be 3:2 format. Probably a typo? Wouldn't make sense, I suspect.

Actually, the E-P3's LCD is 3:2--according the dpreview's review.  But any black bars left on the 3:2 display probably won't be too bad--certainly not as bad as in the 16:9 E-PMx/E-PL3/5 displays.

Geezzz I just checked my E-P3 and you are right, but the OLED is so big and so good that one doesn't notice it. Plus those two bands are very narrow and disappear when you zoom in. The E-Pl3/5 owners are much less happy.

BTW, the E-P5 is rumored to have a more ordinary LCD, not the OLED display (?); that would be a pitty, because it was a clear advantage of the E-P3 and E-M5. May be that they think that the E-VF is so good that the LCD has lost its importance ?

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow