ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jose Maria M
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Lost between Advanced Antiblur and Pro Low light in F770EXR
May 2, 2013

Hello all,

In 2005 I got my first “F” Fuji, the F10. I did plenty of pictures in low light conditions where other P&S cameras were not able to do, like inside some museums where flash was required but was forbidden, plus beautiful night shots. Later, tired of purple fringing,  I got my bulky Oly DSLR and  after a couple of vacation travels realized that for an amateur like me , a good pocket sized  P&S was  good enough to capture the typical tourist snapshots and some careful taken others, so I looked back again to Fuji  for the low light capabilities and got a F770EXR one month ago.

As a low activity digital astrophotography amateur, used to stack pictures, I was amazed of the capability of the four shots EXR anti-blur option, and in fact I got some zoomed images of equal or better quality than my Oly DSLR.

Anyhow, I do not know if I was using “Advanced Antiblur” or “Pro Low Light”, and if I try to use it, most of the times does not happen….. To me, both concepts are quite similar and mixed in the manual, so I must confess that finally I had to carefully read the manual (what a shame for a man!).

A quick look at the  manual, page 24 states that the Antiblur is enabled when “ON” is selected in the shooting menu and the Flash is OFF or Auto. See page 93…..

At Page 93 says that the Antiblur options must be set in the EXR mode. See page 24…. (It took me 20 minutes to realize that this was an endless loop between page 24 and 93).  Then I read the asterisk comment of the Scenarios Table of page 23 that says that “if the advanced antiblur icon is displayed, it will be used. See page 24 ----” (and fell again in the endless loop).

I went back to see the Scenarios table of page 23 and it shows that the Advanced Antiblur “can” be active only in the  Night and Night+tripod scenarios, so what is de difference with Pro Low Light?. Is it the same thing but with two different names?

Going against my will, I ended up looking at the Restrictions Camera Settings table at the end of the manual to discover that there are settings that disable the Pro Low Light shots and other that must be set to enable them:

Disables it: The use of Flash, Pet face detection, B&W, Multiple exposures, RAW, Intelligent Digital Zoom, and S size picture.

Must be set to: ISO:=Auto, Dynamic Range = Auto, Photometry = Multi,  Autofocus= Center.

Frankly, I am lost. Does someone know the way to easily FORCE the F770EXR to use the Advanced Antiblur  at will ?.  I am just willing to have four captures stacked !.

Thanks,

Jose Maria

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow