D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
SergioSpain
Regular MemberPosts: 463Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 oil design problem - latest serial # - is it fixed ?
In reply to ScottRH, May 2, 2013

I don't understand why some people are so keen to defend Nikon (I'm thinking of a particular forum pro who has already replied to this thread) when Nikon itself hasn't come out and said "we have this issue under control, we know how to fix it permanently and it's not present in any of the bodies after serial number xxxxxxx".

All Nikon has said officially is that they are aware of the problem (because they've received so many complaints about it!) and their fix is, wait for it, clean the sensor yourself! And if the problem persists then send it in to Nikon so they can clean it. So no, there is NO fix, unless you consider a DIY cleaning every weekend a fix.

And before someone says that cleaning the sensor isn't that big a deal and that it's even a nice skill to know (I suppose some people would even have us be grateful to Nikon for forcing us to learn this skill!), no, it's not a big deal, but it's also something we shouldn't have to put up with in a brand new camera.

SergioSpain's gear list:SergioSpain's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow