ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,445Gear list
Like?
Stupidity reigns at Pentax.
May 2, 2013

Hi,

Pentax are pixxing around with prices "again" in the US, what do they think they are doing? I think their recent release of the DA 560 and 18-270 lenses have gone to their heads.Check Pentax forums. Do they really think that they have a "commanding" position in the market? because Tamron and Sigma don't!

Pentax must realize that lens prices reflect camera sales, yes,their bodies are fairly priced,but their lenses are not! I was speaking to my "Pentax friend" and apparently Pentax are bemoaning poor lens sales (as well as weakish body sales), well it's not surprising! prices are up, down; up loads for a long while and then down for a  week. I've written this line a few times now; Pentax need to create confidence in the market! not destroy it, I thought Ricoh would bring some common sense to Pentax but they seem to let them continue their fickle path of nonsensical self importance.

Pentaxians have already had to put up with lenses that are overpriced,now they raise the prices even more. Are we the faithful dog that is constantly getting kicked in the teeth by it's owner and comes back forever hopeful for it's owners love?  It's a pity to be quite honest!

-- hide signature --

--
Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow