Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,468Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X20 review posted and it out-resolves everything
In reply to Danielepaolo, May 2, 2013

Danielepaolo wrote:

Trevor G wrote:

Danielepaolo wrote:

You are using default settings which is lazy and defeats the purpose of processing RAW files.

How do DPR and I-R test all digital camera output?

At default settings?

Trevor,

What a specious argument.

It's the way to do it.  I'm not lazy, since it takes a lot of effort to process at default, save the shots and assemble them to display side-by-side.

Further processing is very subjective and not constant.  You cannot evaluate sensor quality and compare with other camera sensors properly except at default settings.

In most cases testers turn NR and sharpening right down. In my cases I left both at default settings, since a little sharpening makes the world of difference for detail visibility.  If you don't agree with my methodology you can easily post your own versions, processed the way you like them.

Since anyone can process the RAWs supplied by DPR or I-R and post the results here (it's not just up to me, is it?) you can hardly describe my attitude as specious, since I hold no monopoly on the test images provided.  Anyone, even you, could run them through whatever process you like and post the results in here.

Why don't you?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow