Holy Cow! Taking pictures on farms

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
call me Skippy
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Re: Holy Cow! Taking pictures on farms
In reply to Stefan Sobol, May 2, 2013

Lucky for me a) I am not from the United States b) had permission from the farmer to even go onto the meadow and get very close to the animals. And I would also stress to get permission. Not only because these legal issues but also because the farmer knows if you could cause harm to the animals by stressing them or they harm you (by squashing you for example ).

The article you posted displays a very typical discussion. There are many aspects of farming and food production, that are not nice. Often, animals are treated like a ressource without any compassion for the creature. Its like the southpark episode "fun with veal". If people knew what is happening, they might not always choose the cheapest meat which would harm some models of agricultural business. In an abstract way people know - but photos make the suffering visible and can stick to your mind. Instead of changing, agribusiness tries to suppress the images. Typical. And harmfull to the farmers who try to run a business, which shows compassion for the creature and nature in general. These farmers exist and should be supported. My colleague for example likes his cows and animals - which doesnt hinder him to make sausages of some of them.

call me Skippy's gear list:call me Skippy's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow