A99 vs A77 - Is A99 worth twice the money?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
A99 vs A77 - Is A99 worth twice the money?
May 2, 2013

I've been debating about getting A77 (as you have seen my other threads :)) but the high ISO quality keep pushing me away from clicking the "order" button because part of the reason why I want a bigger sensor is to have better low light performance (currently not overly happy with m4/3) Then when I look at A99, it seems like a great camera but with two major flaws (at least for me). First, the lack of on board flash and secondly the price.

I am just an enthusiastic and make no money off taking pictures but do enjoy quality pictures and I figure that even if I manage the cost of A99, the lens is another $2000 (talking about CZ lens), which makes it almost impossible to swallow (not to mention what will happen when "the bank" finds out)

So from people who own both cameras, I would like to know whether A99 is worth twice the cost of A77 or not (in terms of IQ... i know one is APS-C and other is FF). Also, is A99 THAT much better than D600..which is currently available for $1500 (refurb).

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D600 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow