A99 vs A77 - Is A99 worth twice the money?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajamils1
Contributing MemberPosts: 814Gear list
Like?
A99 vs A77 - Is A99 worth twice the money?
11 months ago

I've been debating about getting A77 (as you have seen my other threads :)) but the high ISO quality keep pushing me away from clicking the "order" button because part of the reason why I want a bigger sensor is to have better low light performance (currently not overly happy with m4/3) Then when I look at A99, it seems like a great camera but with two major flaws (at least for me). First, the lack of on board flash and secondly the price.

I am just an enthusiastic and make no money off taking pictures but do enjoy quality pictures and I figure that even if I manage the cost of A99, the lens is another $2000 (talking about CZ lens), which makes it almost impossible to swallow (not to mention what will happen when "the bank" finds out)

So from people who own both cameras, I would like to know whether A99 is worth twice the cost of A77 or not (in terms of IQ... i know one is APS-C and other is FF). Also, is A99 THAT much better than D600..which is currently available for $1500 (refurb).

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Nikon D600 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow