E-P5 images leaked

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,061Gear list
Like?
Re: E-P5 + EVF versus OM-D
In reply to RichRMA, May 2, 2013

RichRMA wrote:

With the EVF, you are probably at  the price point (or near it) of the OM-D.  Why buy this model?  What outstanding feature does it have that would make it more attractive?  Possibly pocketability with a pancake lens and no EVF?

Well, the E-PL5 gives a few clues as to what the E-P5 may be like. The extra features over the E-M5 that for me make life nicer include.....

♦ Ability to assign MySets to the Mode dial, spectacularly useful!

♦ Set the focus point(s) to be smaller, and stay that way at turn off/on.

♦ Enable the OIS in non-switched lenses, a stabilised preview at 150mm on a Pen sure is nice. Sure the E-M5 has that via IBIS but I don't use viewfinders so the E-M5 is of no use to me. If E-P5 has the good IBIS then this item does not matter.

♦ There probably will be some more features new and interesting yet to be discovered.

Let us wait until announcements and the user manual is available before getting too carried away with wishful thinking. Meanwhile, go take photos with what you have now, the world might end tomorrow and the E-P5 would then never happen!

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow