Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnvr1
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
A mistake? Selling my d800e.
May 2, 2013

Since going digital, I've been a Canon shooter.

A while back, I picked up a refurbished d800e and a Canon 5d Mark III to pitch them against each other.

While the Nikon does produce the larger files and better DR, I'm now about to sell the Nikon and keep the Canon. I wish I could keep both, but that's financially unrealistic.

The reasons for going with the Canon?

- it's overall a more capable camera; I've never cursed a camera for not having enough MP, but I've often cursed when a camera wouldn't focus or wasn't quick enough.

- while I love, LOVE, those large Nikon files, I don't really need them (I'll miss them, though).

- with the Nikon, I'm never sure all issues are resolved, though my copy seems fine.

- the hassle of selling/changing lenses (Canon has some jewels, Nikon does too).

Anything I'm missing?

BTW, I shoot mostly travel and model photography with my DSLRs and sometimes landscapes. I never print larger than 24x36.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow