Why doesn't Samsung offer body only options?

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Re: Why doesn't Samsung offer body only options?
In reply to Greynerd, May 2, 2013

Greynerd wrote:

It is probably worth just storing the kit lens for when you want to resell. I am not sure a body only really will appeal to many people on ebay or suchlike who probably will want the original box with all its components. The fact that the manufacturers are reluctant to sell body only would imply this is the big market, possibly for those who never use anything but the kit lens.

If you do split the lens will probably return you more than it cost.

Body only would require a new box, different packaging and distribution and there are probably not enough NX lenses out there to make it worthwhile.

I totally agree.  I had sold the kit lens that had come with my NX1000, and later couldn't sell the camera body on it's own.  I ended up bundling the 50-200mm with it (that I would have preferred to keep), and the camera sold relatively quickly.

But then again, we don't buy cameras with a mind to resell them... and some guys here seem to have lenses coming out of their ears already.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samyang Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow