Re: but your mirrorless camera smokes your canon
In reply to Dave Luttmann, May 2, 2013

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Sk8trguy wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Sk8trguy wrote:

007peter wrote:

I'm keeping my sony NEX .... I'm debating if I should go back to canon dslr

unless you by a full frame camera, your sony will smkoe the canon whenit comes to image quality.

Sony sensor does have DR advantage if you really need to pull shadow many stops. But sensors alone don't take photos. What's counterparts of NEX lenses compared to EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS or Sigma 18-50/2.8 OS, 70-200L/4.0 IS and 100-400L?

well, since you can stick a pdaf adpater on a nex and use any of the zeiss, sigma, tamron,  minolta and sony alpha lenses, there are plenty that compare.

go here and search through the thousands available:

True...and those lenses work perfectly on the Nex.

perfectly?  LOL.  The world is not waiting for you pause for many seconds.  By the time you manually  focus and expose, I have already taken 10 shots from my DSLRs.  simply impractical in real world.

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

while a nex works great with pdaf, canons and nikon dslrs are vey bad with cdaf (which is more accurate).

True...pdaf is faster, but cdaf is indeed more accurate.

PDAF and OVF smoke CDAF and EVF that has noticeable lags expecially in AI-servo mode, not a choice in fast action photos, in airshow, motorsport, safari, sports...Just wondering how many PJs use mirrorless in all those fields?

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow