Like?
Re: but your mirrorless camera smokes your canon
In reply to Sk8trguy, May 2, 2013

Sk8trguy wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Sk8trguy wrote:

007peter wrote:

I'm keeping my sony NEX .... I'm debating if I should go back to canon dslr

unless you by a full frame camera, your sony will smkoe the canon whenit comes to image quality.

Sony sensor does have DR advantage if you really need to pull shadow many stops. But sensors alone don't take photos. What's counterparts of NEX lenses compared to EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS or Sigma 18-50/2.8 OS, 70-200L/4.0 IS and 100-400L?

well, since you can stick a pdaf adpater on a nex and use any of the zeiss, sigma, tamron,  minolta and sony alpha lenses, there are plenty that compare.

Impractical in most scenarios in real world photos.  No mention usually those lenses designed and optimized for larger formats don't work well on smaller sensors.

go here and search through the thousands available:

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

while a nex works great with pdaf, canons and nikon dslrs are vey bad with cdaf (which is more accurate).

LOL, why I'd need CDAF as I am so used to superior PDAF?  CDAF is not necessarily more accurate than PDAF in the cases of low contrast scenes or subjects.  Mirrorless main advantages really only limited in smaller/lighter body.  Much more important to someone like me is lens' choice.  Good quality lenses cannot be small and light.  Then small/light body of mirrorless not only irrelevant anymore but actually are disadvantages in balance, handling and ergonomics, battery life, speed and overall responses. See how many photos I took in  Disney Park with two lenses (Sigma 17-50/2.8 and 70-200L/4.0 IS) with 60D and 430EX II that all fit into a small sling bag.  Sure it's a bit heavy/big but it didn't slow me down with two running kids and wife and didn't miss any major rides.  At end of day, I got what I wanted and be happy.  Sure I could get lighter/smaller package with mirrorless but I really doubt I could get so many quality shots. If I really want small I have S95 stays on my belt all the way when I am outside.  Or in a zoo with 100-400L.  Sure it's bigger/heavier than Panny 100-300 but its performance, speed and IQ out of that combo are in different level.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow