Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afterswish1
Contributing MemberPosts: 691
Like?
Feeling kinda blue
May 2, 2013

Well not too bad actually, but I am having a bit of a printing issue (and/or mental problems!) I've been trying to print this file on a Canon Pixma MP640:

Jpg made from CMYK tiff print file

Perhaps my brain or eyesight has gone wonky, but to me it doesn't appear as if the buildings are a fairly deep, rich blue colour. They seem to me to be off-white grey/blue. When I print the file however I get something similar to this:

Scan of my print made from the earlier file

Now I can see them together I can see that everything has gone much bluer, including the sky. In person though the print looks accurate in the sky but it seems as if the buildings have gone super super blue. Like a smurf town in fact. They actually appear much bluer than the sky, perhaps because they are darker.

Have I lost the plot? Is the best solution just to remake the print file with my white balance shifted off into the red? I guess then I'd lose the vibrant blue sky though, not to mention the fact that preparing the multiple tiffs took me a while (it's an hdr). Or is there likely to be a simpler trick to get those buildings to behave?

Before finalising the print file I set my white and black points, and my 50% grey point (which I thought was supposed to remove strange tints) Your advice would be much appreciated. Please assume I know a little about Photoshop and digital printing but I'm clearly not an expert yet!

-- hide signature --

Gravity will make you crazy until you get the hang of it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow