Shaun_Nyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,259Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 5D mark III in street photography
In reply to Shaun_Nyc, May 2, 2013

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

Brad Evans wrote:

MASTERPPA wrote:

5DII has a great center AF, but as for the outer points, it is nothing compared to the 5DIII.

murksch wrote:

I am using my Canon 5D mark II often in street photography. Because of the not so good AF-system, more than some photos are not sharp on the subject, the house behind them is. None of the AF points covered the subject walking on the street. I am thinking about buying the mark III because the AF-system is far more sophisticated. But searching the web I couldn't find any article describing the performance of the new AF-system in street photography, especially in hip-shots. Did anyone use the mark III in street photography and if so, is the AF-system performing really better than the AF-system of the mark II for this kind of photography?

With respect to outer AF points the 5DIII is better for some types of photography having more.  But in the context of shooting street photography, that makes no difference.

When shooting on the street in dynamic situations, I have no time for selecting the right AF point. I simply use the center point, shift and shoot - all in a fraction of a second.

As I said earlier, great street photography does not come from using great gear.

Brad

Brad
Urban photoblog: http://www.citysnaps.net

Wheres the great Street photography ??

/

oh here it is, shot with a V! Nikon.

http://500px.com/blindmanshooting

Yea sure you can call someone walking past a cool sign at 200mm street photography. I call it street voyerism

Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow