GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,860
Like?
Re: I do.
In reply to Martin.au, May 1, 2013

Mjankor wrote:

Quick lesson for you though, Ultimutsu.

The claims you've made in previous threads - "M4/3s can't do this because C-AF.".

They're the camera equivalent of the phrase "All swans are white". All I need to do to disprove it is post a single picture and you're entire claim is wrong, same as a single black swan proves "all swans are white" is wrong.

As we don't know how many shots you took for your photos, or how many shots I might take if I choose to disprove your claims the actual usefulness and accuracy of your argument is rather poor. The only notable thing about your argument is that the claims are falsifiable with a single photo.

What is far more interesting is how much of a performance difference in autofocus there is between various cameras. So far no one has done any significant testing that I'm aware of. If you want to impress me, get some data. If you want me to keep laughing at you, please, post more pictures claiming M4/3s C-AF won't do this or that.

I don't mind looking for the odd black swan.

This is by far the most idiotic analogy i have seen. to say "M43 cannot do this is" is saying m43 is objectively limited to do that because of its known capability is not quite there yet. To prove this is wrong you need to shoot a picture to that standard.

the claim  "All swans are white" makes an entirely different proposition, it is saying something objectively does not exist, without identifying why it does not exist.

For what its worth, "All swans are white" are about as right as people say "aliens do not exist". it is correct until proven wrong.

But I guess stupid people do not get it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow