GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,577
Like?
Re: I do.
In reply to Martin.au, May 1, 2013

Mjankor wrote:

From the ground you should be able to identify exactly where in the photo the focal plane is. It's approximately the front edge of the sideways brick in front of the pebble, or, about the tip of the dogs nose. You are, I presume, comparing shadowed areas with shadowed areas?

it is rather obvious the focus plane is a bit behind the dog's head.

Second, I don't have to shoot the exact same image as you. I can shoot anything I like, with any lens I like. It's pretty easy to tell if the focus is accurate enough or not, even with a slow lens. Don't worry. I'm used to people who want to shift the goalposts. I'd like to know what happens if I go out and grab a very shallow DoF, "fast action" photo. What's the next request?

you can do anything you like but they do not prove your point.

Can't say I've seen too many (anyone?) people claim M4/3s C-AF is better than a DSLRs PDAF.

they say it is as good, it is false.

I have however seen some very stupid DSLR users make blanket claims that M4/3s cannot get shots like these, followed by posting birds, dogs and bees.

the only stupid people are those who disagree without being able to prove it.

As you can tell from my gallery, the C-AF from m4/3s is hardly the penalty you keep claiming it to be.

it cannot, i can see it in your gallery.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow