rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.
In reply to Sk8trguy, May 1, 2013

Sk8trguy wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

If you look at DXO data, the E-M5 has a DR equal to that of the Canon 6D, which is a FF only six months old. Yes, the Nikon and Pentax have a better DR, because they are using the Sony sensor. But the fact that an MFT camera is able to reach the level of a highly regarded FF tells something too

Smaller sensor WILL have its limitations and just looking at peak values tells very little. In the automotive world, this is similar to looking at peak value for torque and assuming that the torque is great. For example,

Vehicle A: 300 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

Vehicle B: 290 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

Okay, "A" has more torque at 4500 rpm. But that isn't a guarantee that it has a stronger torque curve across the range. It might be peaky.

do you have any facts instead of made up statistics about cars?

i would tend to go with dxo says - but only if you consider all their measurements together.

Here are some data of the DXO sensor comparator.

It all depends what type of pictures you do and what are the most important parameters for you. For me the E-M5 DR at base ISO was game changing because I take mostly pictures in daylight at base ISO. The E-M5 was doing better than my Canon 5D (one of the reason why I felt compelled to upgrade to the 6D). If you shoot at higher ISO, the DR diminish faster on the E-M5 than on the 6D. And the noise is way better on the 6D.

As for the car analogy, I just didn't get it.. but then I'm more into photography than cars..

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow