Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,263Gear list
Like?
SZ-30MR - Night and Day
May 1, 2013

I missed May Day on top of Mount Eden last year, since I was recovering from my cataract operation a few days earlier. This year I benefitted from both successful operations - I wore no specs to get knocked off my head with the camera mounted on my accordion.

Got there at six in the morning, and I was the first one arriving. So I set up the tripod I always carry in the car for this view -

'P' mode insists on raising the ISO to keep the shutter speed down to 1/4 second. I must try 'Night SCENE.

Once the dancing got started, I was pre-occupied with playing the instrument. But this lot has a dance where they sing only -

This still was taken during a video clip, and yes, there is subject movement.

For those who watched my 44 minute 46 seconds video a couple of days ago - here is some relief. This is a 15 minute video edited down from 50 minutes -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzqkAKRWOo0&feature=share&list=UU6JgzL7oZKNOptY6lPt1Quw

I wanted to upload before Sidney got their May First Morris effort up on YouTube. I fully expected to see someone uploading from a cell phone on the spot. But the kid said he was playing a game.

Off Topic - My SZ-30MR is still in use for these reasons: Money, newer models not showing in Auckland shops, and reliability beyond my expectations.

Do use the charger provided though. It is possible to overcharge from straight 5 Volt USB supplies. They keep charging regardless, until the Li-ion battery may trip its internal safety switch.

I had to replace the LowePro pouch though for the May Day event. Sandra had paid for the camera, and she insisted on a new bag. The old one had shrunk during various rainy outings, which eventually stopped the zip from closing.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow