qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: but your mirrorless camera smokes your canon
In reply to Sk8trguy, May 1, 2013

Sk8trguy wrote:

007peter wrote:

I'm keeping my sony NEX .... I'm debating if I should go back to canon dslr

unless you by a full frame camera, your sony will smkoe the canon whenit comes to image quality.

Not really. Actually Canon 18mp APS-C withstands Sony/Nikon DX well enough. Sony sensor does have DR advantage if you really need to pull shadow many stops. But sensors alone don't take photos. What's counterparts of NEX lenses compared to EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS or Sigma 18-50/2.8 OS, 70-200L/4.0 IS and 100-400L? No mention superior handling, ergonomic, PDAF and OVF from DSLRs such as 60D I own. Here are some photos from my 60D and I simply don't see how Sony NEX or Nikon DX can smoke it so easily. Same as Sony/Nikon FF don't smoke Canon FF if you include lenses into equation as DXOMark tests show.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51343461

you also fail to mention that the nex lenses are cheaper and provide thinner dof!!!

Compared to Canon lenses.  1.5x is only tiny thinner than 1.6x crop but largely depends on lenses.  There are lots of lens choice on Canon DSLR than NEX that you need to use Alpha-NEX adapter that greatly impact AF speed and performance.

a canon 50mm f/1.8 is about $99, but the fd version is only $35.  with the canon there is a 1.6x crop factor while the sony has a 1.5x.

Can you AF/AE with FD version on NEX?

of course with canon you lose about 100 different useful features too because unless you but the top of the lime model they are really stripped down.  try doing 10 fps on a canon, lol!

10fps on NEX or in mirrorless in general is gimmick and run blindly. AI-Servo is never known a strong area in mirrorless. My 60D can do 5.3fps but it's solid 5.3 fps with every frame in AF/AE.  Are there any sport PJs use 10fps NEX or mirrorless at sides of sport venues?

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow