Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,586Gear list
Like?
Re: but your mirrorless camera smokes your canon
In reply to Sk8trguy, 11 months ago

Sk8trguy wrote:

007peter wrote:

I'm keeping my sony NEX .... I'm debating if I should go back to canon dslr

unless you by a full frame camera, your sony will smkoe the canon whenit comes to image quality.

Not so sure about this. Whether images of high qulaity are produced, depends mostly on the user, and thus, user - camera interface plays a great role.

you also fail to mention that the nex lenses are cheaper and provide thinner dof!!!

a canon 50mm f/1.8 is about $99, but the fd version is only $35.  with the canon there is a 1.6x crop factor while the sony has a 1.5x.

Enormous differnce Then ha can go Nikon or Pentax - both have a 1.5 crop factor as well, and full SLR ergonomics and functionality!

It won't make much difference however - the switch to ful frame would be more significant.

of course with canon you lose about 100 different useful features too

I do very well with the features of my EOS 20D and 40D. 10 fps - is it only this sales figure, how well are these 10 shots per second focussed?

because unless you but the top of the lime model they are really stripped down.  try doing 10 fps on a canon, lol!

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow