Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,351Gear list
Like?
Lost my little red button
May 1, 2013

I can't believe I am writing this, as I know I sound like a little girl, but I was out shooting today and as I pulled my camera out of my bag I noticed that my little red convex shutter button was gone. I know it is not a big deal but I loved that little thing as it added a touch of charm to my XE1. I also think it is in part responsible for two fellow photographers, that I met at different times while shooting, that asked me how I liked my Leica. I got the feeling that the Leica look commanded a degree of respect and might have been why these guys (one medium format Mamiya film shooter, the other a Canon full frame guy) struck up a conversation in the first place.

Anyway, I just ordered another one on ebay so it will be on the slow boat from China arriving in a few weeks. Thankfully, the ones I buy are cheap. I had almost lost it several times before as it was coming off but caught it and screwed it back on.

If anyone knows a good way to keep it one I would appreciate sharing that advice. I do not want to muscle it down as I also have an old vintage cable release that I like to screw on and use for tripod work.

Please don't laugh too hard at me for posting thisĀ 

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow