Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,805Gear list
Like?
Re: I think...
In reply to Richard, May 1, 2013

Richard wrote:

AndyGM wrote:

m43 forum is full of comparison with canon dslrs, ironically the same Sony many of the m43 fanboys hate there have given them something that they can boast about in forums.  They just do not agree that the same sony sensors in apc and ff cameras are better than the ones in m43 cams.

Some do, some don't. Don't tar us all with the same brush. I'm smart enough to know if you take 2 sensors using the very same generation of technology, from the same company, and one is larger than the other to fit in a larger lens image circle, the larger one is going to be "fed" more light in total for the same f number setting on the lens. And when everything else is equal, more light = more signal. Its a simple fact of physics.

I'm surprised we don't see more Canon owners unhappy that Canon have just launched 2 more cameras with that 4 year old sensor, why they don't seem to even want to compete with the Nikon and Sony DSL(R/T) they are up against.

I think we are seeing Canon who has been the leader for a long time fall behind in the sensor tech.

They will either have to come up with better tech or they will have to discount and increase features like Nikon did for many years.

I think Nikon would be hurting right now if it wasn't for Sony.

And Sony would be hurting even more than they are right now if it were not for Nikon buying their sensors. Sony and Nikon have a healthy symbiotic relationship, but still not exclusive. Nikon also gets sensors from Apical and Toshiba (D7100) as well.  No worries.  It's all good! 

-- hide signature --

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! The Great Oz has spoken!"
- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow