New pc build with i7 3770K

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
philmar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
Re: WD green drives stink
In reply to philmar, May 1, 2013

I decided on the mobo.

I was about to buy the ASUS P8Z77-V. It lacked the multi-GPU features I wasn't interested in and I liked ASUS implementation of Turbo Boost and MultiCore Enhancement. t looked like that gives their boards a bit better erformance at stock.  But ASUS has a rebate that ended yesterday on the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbird. Coupled with a sale price at an online enndr I was able to get one for cheaper than the P8Z77-V. So i get all the wireless connectivity for free. And I am futureproofed for TB if it ever becomes mainstream on Intel boards within the next 5 years (the estimated lifespan of this build).

MEMORY - WTF to buy for memory? Since I am not OC'ing this build does it make any sense to get anything faster than 1333GHz sticks?

Do I care about voltage or CAS latency? I hope not because I don't have a clue what latency is and always hated trying to understand voltage and latency. I do know I need DDR3  240-pin DIMM modules.

-- hide signature --

Phil M. - Toronto, Canada
Time to kill? Then have a look at a few of my photos, including one published by National Geographic : http://www.flickriver.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/

philmar's gear list:philmar's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AsusNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow