Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skiphunt13
Senior MemberPosts: 2,478
Like?
XZ-1 to P7700?
May 1, 2013

Thinking of upgrading my XZ-1... or just keeping it for when the mood strikes and getting something with more reach and better video performance for travel stills and video blogs.

Can't bring myself to pony up nearly $600 for an XZ-2, X20, RX100, etc. But the Nikon P7700 looks interesting. Some complain of it's size and lack of optical viewfinder. Niether of those complaints bothers me. The extra zoom, better video and articulating screen are inviting. It also can command the Nikon speedlite SB600 and SB800 flashes I already have. Even has a basic built-in intervalometer and can take an external mic for video. Built-in threads for filters and a 3-step ND filter as well. What's not to love?

Why DPR hasn't reviewed this camera (or the XZ2 for that matter) baffles me, but most of the other great review sites seem to like the Nikon. Good stuff about the G15 too. And the Nikon can be had for almost $200 less than the XZ2, ie. $380.

Anyone tried out the Nikon P7700 coming from Oly compacts?

-- hide signature --
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Olympus XZ-1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow