Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 16,279Gear list
Like?
Amen!
In reply to hindesite, May 1, 2013

hindesite wrote:

tron555 wrote:

… Consider how many expensive lenses are absolutely needed, just to cover your basic needs?

I have been considering the purchase of an Olympus E-PL5, then; I came across this thread with a post like this: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51378681
It seems like very advance photographers (unlike myself) are spending thousands of dollars on very expensive lenses. After acquiring them, they are noticing these lenses are only sharp at certain apertures and focal lengths. It seems like getting sharp images from corner to corner throughout the focal range is basically impossible on any m4/3 lens!

There you go.

These guys are not "advanced" photographers. They are more interested in the hardware than any photos it will produce.

No expensive lenses are "absolutely needed" for photography (in general). A few months ago I won a DPR challenge with a lens that cost me less than $20.

I wish some of the reprobates from other formats that post here would accept this.

You don't need expensive lenses to make great images.

Not at all!

-- hide signature --

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow