Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,922Gear list
Like?
Re: Not necessarily correct
In reply to liquid stereo, May 1, 2013

liquid stereo wrote:

garykohs wrote:

As the owner of two SLTs - a55 and a77 - I applaud the SLT design for what it gave us - superior frame rate and superior video focusing for a bargain basement price. I have certainly enjoyed shooting with and benefited from Sony's use of this technology. I couldn't have done the photography that I have done over the last several years without it.

We all know SLTs involve a light tradeoff and the market has rendered a thumbs down decision - resulting in great values currently for those of us who realize that this light loss is not really relevant for the vast majority of our photos. But Sony has to make money so they are wisely reevaluating their strategy. Also pretty clearly the market is heading to mirrorless technology and Sony is wisely getting ahead of the curve.

The challenge will be to provide fast and accurate AF and a great viewfinder experience in the A mount without using a mirror. Time will tell if they can do that. For Sony shooters it is an exciting and nerve wracking time, as it has been since KM threw in the towel. Let's wish them the best and see what happens.

In the meantime I'm waiting for a $2,000 A99!

I'm not sure which market you're referring to but I don't think the market is heading to "mirrorless technology". At least not a market based on sales.

And automobile market in the USA wasn't shifting from SUVs to Crossovers five years since Honda CR-V was launched. A few years later, however, CR-V outsold any SUV.

BUT, it is also about advancement of technology. Do DSLRs take pictures with mirror on?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow