Shutter count milage (what is good and what's not?)

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gpruitt54
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: D300 - I've got 131K now - some parts were replaced at 102K.
In reply to dwa1, May 1, 2013

dwa1 wrote:

Gpruitt54 wrote:

What is the sweet spot for Nikon D200, D300, D100, D90, D80 etc in terms of shutter counts? This question is asked a lot and is provided a lot where used cameras are posted on places like Ebay.

But, what count is good and what count is getting into the not so good range? I recently bought a used D200 and at the same time, selling a D70 (also bought used).  Both cameras had roughly the same number of shutter counts (Approx 14,800).

With this count, would these both be considered high mileage cameras?  Both Cameras are in nearly flawless condition to look at, and seem to have been well cared for.

My D300... In Nov 2011, APS (in Chicago) replaced the "mirror box sequencing unit" and the "sequence base plate" at 102K. The previous service invoice stated that "it was showing signs of wear". The total cost for parts and service was $300. To me it was worth it for this "workhourse" body.

I currently have 131,181 clicks (since it was new).

Wayne

WoW! You are getting great mileage out of your D300.  I can only hope to see similar mileage out of my used 14,800K D200.  I really LOVE this D200. It has fantastic features.  I am going to be doing Timelaps with the camera, and with its build in interval timer (YAHOO!) I am encouraged by the mileage you guys are reporting with your D300 bodies.

However, I wonder why there no D200 reports on this post.  Is the D200 that much lesser of a camera? Just asking. I’m on a budget, and the D200 was all I could afford. Although, the D200 is a far superior camera over the D70 I was using.

Gpruitt54's gear list:Gpruitt54's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow