Blackrapid strap almost killed $9000 worth of gear

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: Blackrapid strap almost killed $9000 worth of gear
In reply to jtan163, May 1, 2013

Are sales people in camera stores under some kind of pressure ot sell these new style of straps?  Seriously?   I do not like this style of strap.   Even if I did trust them, even if each strap came with a personal warranty signed by the president, the queen and the pope, I still would not buy one.  I just do not like the style or how they feel.

But every single camera store that I either talk to on the phone or enter in person, that is all they want to sell me.  When I tell them I am not interested, I get this look like I am some kind of whack job that just fell off the turnip truck.

(Note - 30 years of photography likely has turned me into some kind of whack job, but that's another point for down the road  ).

Point is, why I can I not talk to somebody about a good camera strap that is not either a Sunsniper or a Blackrapid without getting a load of attitude?   What gives?

thanks for the rant, still looking for a really good "traditional" camera strap.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow