E-P5 images leaked

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,920Gear list
Like?
Re: This is the perfect camera...
In reply to SirSeth, May 1, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

... to drive the price of the E-P3 down to $379. I have a white one on the way and I'm keenly anticipating the upgrade from the E-PL2.

So, I'm behind the curve, but the E-P5 and G6 both look like fantastic functioning highly competitive micro4/3rds cameras. On the E-P5 I really like the on off lever, dual control wheels, thumb rest, mode dial, flip LCD, IS, peaking, and overall design look.

Sure, a built in VF would be nice, but I don't tear my clothing, put on sack cloth,  and dump ashes on my head if a camera doesn't have everything I've ever dreamed of.

There is already a dual control wheel on the E-P3 and for my hands they are better positionned than the two E-M5 wheels. There is a very nice vertical thumbwheel and then another rotating around the arrows of the fourways controllers. This wheel is particularly nice allowing a fast and smooth change of settings. By contrast, navigating through the menus with the four arrows of the E-M5 can be really tough. There are menus which can only be changed by the arrows on the E-M5 which you could change with that rotating wheel on the E-P3. For me the E-P3 layout was perfect.. They could just have changed the sensor in the E-P5 and kept everything else the same and it would still be a great camera.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow