Zeiss Touit Lenses

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,727Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit Lenses
In reply to JasperD, May 1, 2013

I agree the focal lengths are a bit conflicting with Fuji offerings. I think Zeiss will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to best the 35mm F1.4 and the 14mm F2.8. Both of these are stellar lenses, are Fuji so they match with firmware and electronics, have AF, and superb optically. I know some don't like the manual focus lock on the 14mm but I love it. At night when taking nightscapes and doing manual focusing that lock is very very useful. Its very easy to bump the focus ring when handling the camera on a tripod or mounting it etc.

It should be interesting to see as the cost difference for the Zeiss means it will have to be significantly better than the Fuji's.

I think Zeiss will do way better with the Nex lenses. There are very few high quality Nex lenses. Zeiss also have the 24mm F1.8 which is the rave lens for the Nex system so they have already established their credentials there. Sony does not have a stellar 32mm nor a 12mm prime.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow