Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
tjdean01
Senior MemberPosts: 1,985Gear list
Like?
Re: Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…
In reply to tron555, 11 months ago

It seems like getting sharp images from corner to corner throughout the focal range is basically impossible on any m4/3 lens! I understand that is also true of all other types of interchangeable lens, but it seems even prevalent with m4/3 lenses..... If the answer is yes, will the total cost be less than $1000 for the entire system? Any help will be very much appreciated!

My friend is buying a lot of Nikon FF lenses and the price he's paying is MUCH more than the m4/3s equivalent and the m4/3s, on average, at least match or outperform the FF ones he's buying.  And not many are buying the obviously superb $3-4000 Nikon lenses.

Anyway, the 75mm lens from Olympus has NO FLAWS other than what you already know when you buy it: focal length, 2 feet minimum focus distance, and the price.  The 60mm weather-proof macro is right on its heels.  The Panasonic 20mm is one of the most popular lenses ever with the only complaint being its unreliable focusing (25mm fixes this).  The Voigtlander lenses are also supposedly superb.

Honorable mention goes to the 45mm (but not sharp wide open).  Also, Panasonic makes 12-35 and 35-100 (constant 2.8s) zooms which at $1200, I'm guessing would impress?  Also, I don't know if there's a wide angle zoom that would show up the 7-14mm on any system?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow