GH3 - Who says that m43 is not good for sports !!!

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,413Gear list
Like?
A Summary
In reply to Brian Wadie, May 1, 2013

For fun I thought I would try to summarise all the words written here, see if I've got it about right:

- there are some sporting situations where a DSLR will be able to cope much better than a CSC, but for the majority of cases both can do an adequate job

- a long focal length wide aperture lens on a dslr body will isolate the subject better than any existing "long" CSC lens on a CSC body, but the DSLR combo will cost more and weigh more (often a lot more)

- the greater depth of field makes it easier for CSC systems to shoot sporting action than the shallow depth of field with an equivalent DSLR system, some see this as undesirable

- there are those of us with experience of both systems who are happy that with our lighter and cheaper CSC system we can still shoot sporting action in a way that gives satisfactory results for our needs

anything you feel I've missed, please add 

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow