New (and better?) Bare Bulb Alternative to Q Flash and Elinchrom Ranger. What do you think?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
UKphotographers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,944
Like?
Re: Bargain basement QFlash X kit
In reply to plevyadophy, May 1, 2013

plevyadophy wrote:

But what I don't get is, if these lights are so great why are people dumping on eBay in such large numbers nearly new gear at a massive discount? Something doesn't add up.

Who cares? Sneaking under the radar like this suits my needs fine.

In a roundabout way you already answered this yourself..

"..a lot of so called pro photogs use certain gear not because the gear is in anyway better than anything else but because a lot of pros have a sheep-like mentality"

That sheep like mentality prevents them thinking about what they do, what they want to do and what they really need. One speedlight is useful.. mounting 4 together doesn't make it 4 times more useful, just 3 times more stupid. (you see it promoted this way.. and you've just got to do it..).

The other thing is - you see Quantum owners trying to use PW's, Phottix, RP's.. whatever.. trying to get them to work with other systems when the Quantum system already supplied works remarkably well and much better than anything else. Crippling them by removing their uniqueness is pretty stupid and people are inclined to do that a lot.

That sheep thing has a lot to answer for.

-- hide signature --

Ian.
http://www.commercialphotographer.co.uk
Theres only one sun. Why do I need more than one light to get a natural result?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow