My next lens the DA 43 ltd ?

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,992Gear list
Like?
Re: My next lens the DA 43 ltd ?
In reply to miles green, May 1, 2013

miles green wrote:

The 43 is my favourite lens for candid portraits, especially of children and women. The rendering is just superb!I should have a nuber of pictures with it in my gallery.

Don't get me wrong, it's not "textbook-perfect": wide open, the highlights might halo a bit, and it suffers from a little bokeh-fringing. It also loses some contrast wide open, somewhat similar to reducing clarity in post... But who cares!? The rendering is to die for and it's still crazy sharp! I also have the 31, 50 f/1.2 and 77 in that broader focal range, so that's what i'm comparing it to. I gave my Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 zoom to my sister after i got the 43.

Together with the 21, they are a killer 2-lens combo!

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

Wow there really is a lot of love for that lens! I'm amped about getting it, It's exactly this candid people shots, and portraiture that I'm planning on using the lens for. I went for the MIJ, even though it seems it's just a myth that there should be any appreciatble difference between MIJ and MIV..

My thoughts about the 43 in combo with the DA 15,DA21 and DA 70, plus one longer range lens, is all I really need for varied light and high quality kit, that does not draw much attention to itself, as a set of DA* star zooms might. So I doubt I would ever leave the DA 15 or DA 70 at home for serious travel, but for a short and snappy weekend trip the DA 21 and DA 43 could do quite nicely..

Of course it's thanks to the great pentax bodies like the K5 and the K5 IIs that I would ever even consider investing as much as I have in this high end glass..

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow