The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to DMillier, May 1, 2013

I do not think it is bias. I buy camera because I like what I see in picture result not brand name. if I see difference compare to other cameras, then there is difference. no sense on still compare same picture, same scene, same size. you see what you see already and get what you see.done shooting close up portraits and see detail very different on Foveon. hair follicles, skin blemish, eyelashes, eye, et.al. show more distinction on Foveon compared to bayer sensor with higher pixel count, more so with same pixel count at 16.

Merrills difference is you get best quality in just 1 picture and less work while Bayer need to do a lot of combined pictures + very long workflow to achieve close to quality of Merrills, but my opinion say still not close due to certain scenario shoot not possible to achieve in using lot of pictures. difference in microcontrast detail in one shot is not easily denied.

my opinion is Merrills are small compact camera capable of medium format quality pictures. ideal for studio and landscape use. just like medium format camera, will not win award for performance but you dont compare picture quality of medium format to APS-C and FullFrame. Foveon sensor with best Sigma lens will produce high quality picture. Merrills are special camera not for everyone. but pictures are amazing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow