Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 111Gear list
Like?
Re: Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…
In reply to Mittskitts, May 1, 2013

I second the notion that kit lenses are too often and too easily dismissed as mediocre. I have both the original and model II  Olympus 14-42mm kit lenses, having bought the latter to be able to use the Olympus wide angle add on.  I am very impressed with the resolution, sharpness, contrast characteristics and flare control exhibited by both. I see the metaphorical glass as more than half full with these lenses. I recently ordered a refurb (looks brand new in every detail) 40-150mm from the Olympus Web site for $99, but haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

My suggestion for tron555 is to get to know your kit lens or lenses very, very well before deciding on other lens purchases. While doing that, save your nickels, dimes and dollars. If after a few months or a year you really, really want to buy more lenses, you'll have a better idea of what more you need and probably more money to get  that lens. I suspect that you'll also join Mittskitts and me in having a healthy respect for your kit lens or lenses, and will want to keep them handy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow