Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Moti
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,471
Like?
Re: Yes! But it depends...
In reply to Guy Parsons, May 1, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

If you had to make money from your images then it's best to go the conservative heavy duty route. If just for personal use and recording your life and your holidays then the M4/3 outfits make way more sense.

That is a wrong assumption based more on stigmas and rumors than on facts. As one who makes money from photography and I can tell you that according to my own experience, i cannot see any problem in using MFT gear for professional jobs. Of course, that depends a lot on what exactly you are doing. For some photography jobs, even a FF camera may not be good enough while for others, a camera such as OMD can be much more suitable than heavy duty gear.

I have been shooting FF dSLR gear for the past 5 years or so and am now in the process of switching to MFT and i am very happy. The more I gain experience and confidence with the format, the less I use my dSLRs and most of it is now going on sale.

Horses for courses of course.

Totally agreed but without an exact definition of the courses, you cannot choose the appropriate horses.

Moti

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow