EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,318Gear list
Like?
Re: Bring it On !
In reply to Midwest, May 1, 2013

Midwest wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

I used to think that way. I had the A35, NEX7 and NEX6 and really liked the EVFs. Due to Sony's jumpiness and unclear road map, instead of upgrading to A77, I switched to Nikon D7100. I must say it was much easier than expected to go back to OVF. It's more a binocular feeling about it and the camera info is nicely displayed on the bottom OLED screen under the OVF. It is nice that there is no lag and that I can also use it before I turn on the camera.

OVF was DOA to me on DSLR. May be it holds some value on FF DSLRs with its own limitations, on APS-C... no way in hell I'm buying one.

Just out of curiosity I had a peek at your gallery. (I'm glad you have one - so many people don't give us even a clue as to what kinds of shooting they like to do.)

Anyhow, it's clear that for the kinds of photos you enjoy taking, an EVF is just fine, and I understand why you wouldn't need or see the value in an OVF. That's fine by me, but not all of us take the same kinds of photos, and not all of us would be happy with using an EVF.

I couldn't find a single image in your gallery I could take with either EVF or Live View in my cameras. Perhaps you meant something like this?

That is eight of fourteen frame sequence, taken with Sony A55 + Sony 16-50/2.8 SSM. Or this low-light panning...

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow