EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,695Gear list
Like?
Re: Unfair!
In reply to Midwest, May 1, 2013

Midwest wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Yes, it's true DSLR's "live view" is much slower focusing than on some mirrorless cameras. I won't dispute that. But the reason for the DSLR - the optical TTL viewfinder and fast autofocus and tracking are the reason it exists. My DSLR's live view is definitely slow, especially in bad light - but I haven't used it to take 1% of my photos. I only use it when I use the articulated screen to get a shot from a difficult angle, otherwise I would have no desire to use live view at all.

Because they suck compared to EVF based systems.

No, because live view and EVF both suck for much or most of my preferred shooting.

I'll keep my TTL OVF and phase detect AF, and you can keep your EVF/LCD, and we'll both be happy.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

If I weren't happy, I would be a part of the collective that incessantly whines about EVF/LCD. But, that isn't the point I was discussing, or care for. But the fact that OVF based Live View sucks, and this shows in your willingness to use it. Whereas, I use EVF and LiveView interchangeably, per MY convenience.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ok..New
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow