Why m4/3rds is declining in the US.

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,341Gear list
Like?
The Japanese like big cams too, Glen
In reply to Glen Barrington, May 1, 2013

Glen Barrington wrote:

I don't think the average purchaser of cameras in that price range knows about, or gives a rip, about DR.   I think it is because m4:3 cameras are funny looking. And to top it off they are afraid they won't impress their friends who want to see you lugging around HUGE WHITE lenses for them to be properly impressed.

In Japan, "Hello Kitty" reigns supreme, in the US, it's big white lenses.  Its all good.

Lots of the (fairly well off) Japanese tourists I see in Rabaul, New Guinea islands, where I live, have a leaning towards big cams. Not the smaller FFs but the big, big, big, big, big ones! 

Outfitted with the kit zoom. And you see them taking the cams everywhere and only taking stock standard pix with them.

Essentially, the big cams are bling, conspicuous consumption … as they are for so many in the west.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NEXNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow