Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,294Gear list
Like?
Maybe it's a good thing
In reply to Grobb, May 1, 2013

Otherwise I'd have way too many lenses and cameras and no room for my wife...wait, maybe she'd have no room for me?

Seriously though, what some others have said...the kit zooms (2 lens kit preferably) and maybe a good but inexpensive prime or two (the Sigma 19 and 30 together are or were selling for less than 200.00 USD) and many are very pleased with them. Some seriously good fast manual focus lenses to fill in the gaps, especially at focal lengths you don't use a lot (or maybe you'll like them so much you'll use them a great deal, who knows?). Look for bargains, for good quality used. I agree with some others about a G5 (the prices will be coming down soon) or and EPL5, or something similar (though some good cameras like the Pens and the G3 can be had for a song). Might as well get a camera you won't feel needs upgrading soon. I've got a couple of EPL1's, and they have downsides sensor wise, but don't feel the need to upgrade quite yet (notice I said "quite yet" )

-- hide signature --

My Gallery is here -
http://www.pbase.com/madlights
Why so serious? :The Joker

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow